Did You Know This Could Be Insured?

It may be surprising to learn that many personal items in your household can be eligible for insurance coverage. There are a variety of items insurance could protect in the event of damage or theft, like instruments, jewelry and art. So whether you’re looking to insure a wedding ring or pet iguana—we’ve got your covered! Keep reading to learn more about the unique items covered under insurance!

What is Personal Property Insurance Coverage?

When it comes to Personal Property Insurance, there are a few different coverage options available. Replacement cost, which covers the cost of replacing damaged or stolen items, is the most common type of coverage. There is also cash value coverage, which reimburses you for the actual cash value of your belongings at the time of the loss. Finally, there is Personal Property Insurance, which covers the cost of repairing or replacing your belongings.

What can be covered?

Musical Instruments. When it comes to household items, there are a few surprising things that could be insured. For instance, did you know that you can insure a musical instrument? If you own an expensive piece, or simply want to protect your investment, Personal Property Insurance could be a great option.

Electronics are another type of household item that can be insured, such as TVs, sound, or gaming systems. You may want to consider insuring these types of items against damage or theft. Also, be sure to check different coverage limits in case you need to include additional coverage for certain electronics.  

Jewelry and art are two other types of personal belongings that can be insured. If you have pieces of jewelry or art, Personal Property Insurance could help to protect your investment. For example, you could file a claim for lost, stolen or damaged pieces and receive reimbursement for the value of your belongings. 

Cameras/Camera Equipment. If you are a photographer, videographer or work with cameras often, Personal Property Insurance coverage may be the thing for you! Personal property coverage may cover cameras and qualifying camera equipment. Consider looking into all the coverage options available. 

If you’re looking to protect your belongings, we encourage you to speak with your OKFB insurance agent about options available to you. If you have any other questions, connect with us today. We would be happy to help you find the insurance coverage that best meets your home, auto, commercial, and life insurance needs.  

Don’t forget to follow us on social media! This kind of information and more is just a click away. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.

Keeping Your Home Protected, Inside and Out

Whether you’re a new homeowner or are looking to protect additional items, you need a policy that covers your needs. Understanding what a basic homeowners policy does and does not include is important. That way, you know what additional coverage you should consider. Keep reading for tips and tricks on how to find the right fit to protect your home, inside and out. 

What’s the difference between Homeowners Insurance and Personal Property Insurance? 

In areas where your homeowners policy may be lacking, additional personal property coverage can help ensure your high-dollar valuables are protected. 

Homeowners Insurance will cover various items inside and outside of your home, but there are limitations. This is where personal property coverage comes in handy. It protects personal belongings inside your home in the event of damages or theft. This includes specific, high-value items, like jewelry, firearms, furs, collectibles, silverware, gold, musical instruments and more. 

For what situations should I consider additional insurance beyond my homeowners policy?

  • Home-based businesses. If your business inventory got ruined or a customer fell in your home, your standard homeowners policy might not cover it. Be sure to talk to your agent about commercial coverage to keep your work and clients safe.
  • Outbuildings. The tree house you built for your kids or the shed you have for more storage are typically limited in standard home coverage. Check with your agent to see if you should get additional structure coverage to have your hard work and personal items protected. 

How do I ensure my home is protected in case of an earthquake or flood?

You may assume your policy already covers natural events. However, that might not be the case. In reality, these natural disasters require their own policy additions. If you live in a flood or earthquake prone area, talk to your agent about these other insurance options. 

Keep these tips in mind to protect your home. A good Home Insurance Policy coupled with the right amount of additional coverage can help ensure your home and valuable assets stay protected through the ups and downs. Contact an agent today to see how much coverage you may need.

Don’t forget to follow us on social media! This kind of information and more is just a click away. You can find us on FacebookInstagram and LinkedIn.