Helpful information for Oklahomans from wheat fields to city streets.
Winter is here: are you ready to keep yourself and your family safe throughout the frigid months ahead? Take our winter safety quiz to test your knowledge of common cold weather hazards and check the answers below!
1. True or False: Farm animals will be fine in the winter with the same amount of food they eat in the summer.
2. How many layers of clothing does the Occupational Health and Safety Administration recommend wearing while working in the cold?
d. No recommendation exists
3. Under which of the following conditions can someone develop hypothermia?
a. When the weather is below freezing
b. When the weather is above freezing
c. When someone isn’t dressed for the weather
d. All of the above
4. Ahead of freezing temperatures, homeowners should do which of these things?
a. Leave the area for somewhere warmer
b. Turn the heater all the way up
c. Drain and cover outside faucets
d. None of the above
5. Why is the first winter storm often considered to be the most dangerous for drivers?
a. Motorists are out of practice or unprepared
b. Emergency crews may be unprepared
c. Cars are too warm for the roads
d. Both A and B
6. True or False: Current OKFB members can access 24/7 Roadside Rescue in the event of a vehicle breakdown.
7. Which of the following could pose a hazard to homeowners during a winter storm?
a. Cable going out during a big football game
b. Unstable tree branches falling on a home or vehicle
c. Snow or ice piling up in blocked gutters
d. Both A and B
e. Both B and C
8. What items should you have in your home emergency kit?
a. Candles, flashlights and batteries
b. Bottled water and no-cook food and snacks
c. Blankets and warm clothing
d. Emergency radio and charged power banks
e. All of the above
How did you do on our winter safety quiz? Whether you’re a long-time policyholder or just starting to look for insurance options, we have team members who can help. If you have questions or concerns that you want to discuss, connect with your local OKFB agent today. If you have any insurance-specific questions, we would love to help you find the coverage that best meets your home, auto, commercial and life insurance needs.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media! This kind of information and more is just a click away. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The information on this website is not a contract, as it is provided for general information to explain potential types of insurance coverages. Further, descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. Please read actual policy documents for important details on coverages, exclusions, limits, conditions, and terms. If there is any conflict between the summary and/or information on this website versus the policy documents, the policy documents shall control. Please contact an Oklahoma Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company (OFBMIC) Agent to learn more about insurance coverages offered by and through OFBMIC.
Life insurance and annuity products are offered through Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company/West Des Moines, IA and are intended for residents of AZ, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, OK, SD, UT, WI and WY.